Making for the Man Month!

I was thrilled to see that Thread Theory are doing a sew-along for their new Jedediah mens shorts/trousers pattern in August, and I've promised my love that August will all about sewing for him.

   ThreadTheoryDesigns

I'm declaring August 'Making for the Man' month in our household, and my goal is to make him the Jedediah shorts, a Colette Negroni shirt, and rub/draft/make a t-shirt. This will achieve many things - I will do my first fly-front garment, I will use up multiple stash fabrics for the Negroni and t-shirt, I will address my beloved's sooking concerns that I don't sew for him, and it will give me sewing to do while I trim down the couple of extra kg's I applied during our recent trip to NY!

I don't think I have the readership to suggest Making For the Man to be a blogosphere 'thing' but let me know if you feel inspired to do a bit of unselfish sewing for the man in your life!

Jedediah shorts from Thread Theory
The Negroni shirt from Colette Patterns

Comments

  1. These are the two patterns I've had my eye on too! I'd love to be part of a concerted effort Making for the Man, but I can't see it happening for a few months yet... If you do do it as a kind of ongoing thing, I'll definitely play along - especially once Thread Theory release their henley T and peacoat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know it's going to be hard to be unselfish! I'm hoping that my altruism will fill me with golden feelings and I can continue my efforts! Thanks for your comments, you're so kind! :)

      Delete
  2. Count me in :) I'm sneaking in a project for myself this month (Victory Patterns Anouk tunic) but I definitely have some Making for the Man projects in the works!
    Thanks so much for coming up with this awesome idea - I hope my blog post on it today sends some traffic your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that's awesome! I hope you get a fab turnout for the sew along! I've not tried anything by Victory Patterns yet, so many patterns, so little time!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! I have two more pairs of Jedediah Pants in the works and fabric cut for a self-drafted men's t-shirt. I might just join in the Making it for the Man fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So impressed with your husbands trousers! I was thinking I'd have to use some crazy floral or polka dot fabric in the pockets or waistband facings - your polkadot binding is a fab touch!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely joining in. I expect to sew Jedediah pants a shorts for my man this month. Hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Mine is already nagging me for making myself a top yesterday instead of his gear! It's a can of worms this unselfish sewing! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  5. I've got the Jedediah pants sewalong on my calendar, too. I'm currently working on a Vogue pants pattern, but I need the hand holding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was very pleased when the sew along was announced. I'll need hand holding for the fly especially. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete

Post a Comment